My dear friends Ronald-Peter Stöferle and Mark Valek have just published the 13th edition of their “In Gold We Trust Report 2019″. The leitmotif of this year is “Gold in the Age of Eroding Trust” and how the widespread as well as multi-facetted erosion of trust affects gold. Among others, the following topics are covered this year:
- Review of the most important events in the gold market over the past 12 months
- “The Monetary U-Turn” and its impact on the gold price
- The increasing importance of gold as reserve asset in a time of de-dollarization
- Gold stocks: reasons for our confidence (ESG, technology, valuation)
- Outlook for gold price development
Further highlights of this report are exclusive interviews and guest contributions from and with many well-known personalities, such as Jim Rogers or Prof. Steve Hanke.
I have contributed an update on the Midas Touch Gold Model starting on page 320.
In Gold We Trust Report 2019
- Gold and mining stocks are excellent diversifiers in the event of stock market slumps. This was again confirmed in Q4/2018
- In 2018 gold clearly beat the stock markets
- De-dollarization: Gold purchases by central banks as a sign of mistrust of the US dollar-centric global monetary architecture
- Commodities with lowest valuation in 50 years
- Gold in times of an extreme crisis of trust in paper money