My dear friends Ronald-Peter Stöferle and Mark Valek have just published the 12th edition of their annual “In Gold We Trust” report titled “Gold and the Turning of the Monetary Tides”. The 2018 report’s Leitmotif of the turning of the tide refers to three fundamental changes that are currently unfolding:
1) Change of the tide in monetary policy: the reversal from QE to QT will lead to a net decrease in central bank liquidity. This is the first big crash test for financial markets in a decade.
2) Change of the tide in the global monetary order: In 2008 central banks turned from net-sellers of gold to net-buyers. China, India, Russia and Turkey are the big official players these days. This is just one aspect of the big trend towards de-dollarization. Gold will play a major role in the multi-polar monetary order of the future.
3) Change of the tide in technology: Crypto currencies and the blockchain-technology have come to stay. Gold and cryptocurrencies are not foes, but friends. In fact, a collaborative approach would play to the strengths of both. The first gold-based cryptocurrencies are underway as we speak.
Further key topics and takeaways of the report:
- Quo Vadis, Aurum?
- Inflation vs. Deflation – The Big Showdown?
- Precious Metals Shares – More Than Silver Lining?
- China – the global economy’s Sword of Damocles?
- Exclusive interview with Luke Gromen: “The dollar appears to be in Zugzwang!”
- Exclusive interview with Dr. Richard Zundritsch, FA Hayek’s nephew: “Hayek would prefer gold to Bitcoin”